On the 20th of September at 6:00PM, the 30th Anniversary of the Korean Education Centre in Sydney and the Korean–Australian Education Community’s Friendship Dinner was held at the Westin Sydney Hotel. There were close to 400 people in attendance, including Australian education officials, primary and secondary school principals, Korean language teachers, students and Ethnic Korean language school officials as well as Korean community leaders.
The event was presided over by James Huo and Lea Chatterjee, who are studying Korean at the Korean Education Centre in Sydney. As part of the official proceedings for the event 17 members of the Burwood Girls' High School choir sang both Australian and Korean national anthems in Korean and in English.
The following is a program of the ceremony.
■ 6:00 - 6:30 PM : Registration
■ 6:30 - 6:35 PM : Opening Address
■ 6:35 - 6:45 PM : National Courtesy
■ 6:45 - 7:00 PM
- Welcoming Remarks (Mr Sangwoo Hong / Consul General of the Republic of Korea in Sydney)
- Congratulatory Remarks (Mr Tom Alegounarias / Chair of NSW Education Standards Authority)
- The KEC Report (Mr Kie Min Kim / Director of the Korean Education Centre in Sydney)
■ 7:00 - 7:25 PM : Congratulatory Performance
1. The 1st winner of 2019 Korean Performance Contest – Primary School Divisions – Denistone East Public Schopol
2. The 1st winner of 2019 Korean Performance Contest – High School Divisions – Strathfield Girls High School
3. Lindfield Korean School’s Choir
4. Marsden Road Public School’s Korean an dance
■ 7:25 - 7:30 PM : Networking
■ 7:50 - 8:00 PM : The KEC Program Participants Speeches
1. Ms Jacqueline Fenn (Y12) / NSW School of Languages (2019 Global Korea Scholarship Invitation Program)
2. Ms Ela Huber (Y9) and Ms Miranda Wills (Y9) / Burwood Girls High School (2019 Korean Study Tour)
3. Ms Lesley Street / Principal of Mt Lawley Senior High School WA (2018 Australian Principal Korean Study Tour)
■ 8:00 - 8:25 PM : Congratulatory Performance (Busan National Gugak Centre)
■ 8:25 - 8:45 PM : Raffle
■ 8:45 - 9:00 PM : Networking